Friday, February 25, 2011

Hey! Welcome to my blog

First thing's first, I would like to introduce myself as Lady13.

Explanation:
I'm not a girl, but not yet a woman. I was thinking of something people could know me or address me with, since I can't be called or addressed as MeetTheGirlThatIAm right? I mean who would call me that, its I dunno, weird and long... though Lady13 is knda weird as well, but yeah, would like to be called that XD. So, back to the explanation, 13 'cuz, its been a really lucky number for me. I can't really explain every reason how its lucky, just know that it is. 13 is known as an unlucky number as well, or as they would say, it's bad luck. Why though? Could someone give me an explanation? Anyone? Anything?
Ok, so here's what I've got, thanks Wikipedia

Unlucky 13

The number 13 is associated with bad luck in some countries, and even has a specifically recognized phobia, Triskaidekaphobia, a word which was coined in 1911. Friday the 13th has been considered an unlucky day since the 1800s, as a combination between an unlucky day, Friday, and the number 13. Another theory as to why the date and number 13 is considered unlucky is that, on the day of Friday the 13th after the final Crusade the pope had sent out men to capture and burn alive the last 13 Knights Templar in order to put an end to the Crusades.
Another theory states that the number 13 is unlucky because, when in years where there were 13 full moons instead of 12, it made it difficult for the monks who were in charge of the calendars. "This was considered a very unfortunate circumstance, especially by the monks who had charge of the calendar of thirteen months for that year, and it upset the regular arrangement of church festivals. For this reason thirteen came to be considered an unlucky number."[4]
Here's the link, in case you wanna read more there are all sorts of stuff there, even a lucky 13 thing.

Another explanation for lady, other than I'm not a girl, and not yet a woman is 'cuz I think if you put Lady and 13 [ as an unlucky number] its almost like you get a normal person. Lady, having the thought of sophistication,      
 manner, etiquette and all that stuff and 13 being a lucky and unlucky number. Its a bit confusing to some, but yeah, that's my explanation.  Anyway, Lady13 here, ending her first post... xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment